Just the Pictures (Saint Kitts and Nevis) Independence Square in Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis. The Co-Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary (built in 1928 AD), located in Basseterre. The War Memorial in Basseterre. The southwestern coast of Saint Kitts (the largest island that makes up the sovereign nation of Saint Kitts and Nevis), with Brimstone Hill in view (on the left). Ruins of an old sugar mill on Saint Kitts. Rainforest in Saint Kitts. Looking toward the southern end of Saint Kitts from Brimstone Hill Fortress. Brimstone Hill Fortress, with the citadel on the top of the hill. A canon facing out, toward Mount Liamuiga. Row of canons along the northern wall of the citadel in Brimstone Hill Fortress. Entrance to the citadel in the fortress. The inner courtyard inside the citadel. A canon facing out to sea with Sint Eustatius (a Dutch island) in view. More canons at Brimstone Hill Fortress facing toward Mount Liamuiga on Saint Kitts Island. St Thomas’ Anglican Church in Half Way Tree Village, Saint Kitts. The road back in to Basseterre. St. George’s Anglican Church (consecrated in 1859 AD), in Basseterre. A road turned torrential stream in Basseterre after a brief, albeit heavy, rainfall. Street in Basseterre. The Berkeley Memorial in the center of the Circus in Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis. The National Museum for Saint Kitts and Nevis, located in Basseterre. The western end of Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, seen from the MS (“Motor Ship”) Royal Princess.