Just the Pictures (Romania) The fountain at Brasov Council Square. Brasov Council Square. The Black Church (also known as “Biserica Neagră”) in Brasov. The Neolog synagogue. Strada Sforii (in English: “Rope Street”), one of the narrowest streets in Europe. Another view of Strada Sforii. Catherine’s Gate in Brasov. Weaver’s Bastion in Brasov. Olimpia Tenis Club in Brasov, next to the Weaver’s Bastion. Looking at the old town of Brasov from the foot of Mount Tampa. Brasov, seen from the top of Mount Tampa. Behind the Brasov “Hollywood Sign”. The Carpathian Mountains seen from Mount Tampa. Hiking on Mount Tampa. Wildflowers on Mount Tampa. The trail up/down Mount Tampa. Street in Brasov. The Black Church at night. Brasov Council Square at night. Bottle of Romanian Traminer wine. Brasov Citadel. View from the Brasov Citadel, looking east. Looking west from the citadel. Another view of the Brasov Citadel. Manor found in Brasov. Town Hall in Brasov. Colorful buildings in Brasov. Brasov Council Square on Easter Sunday (for Orthodox Christians, that is). St. Nicholas Church in Brasov. The front of St. Nicholas Church. The square in front of St. Nicholas Church. Buildings next to the Black Church in Brasov. Entrance to the Sf. Adormire Church from Council Square. Entrance to the Fortified Evangelical Church in Hărman, which was built by Transylvanian Saxons as protection against Ottoman and Tatar invasions. The wall of the Fortified Church in Hărman. The church inside the fortified wall. Inside the Evangelical Church. Inside the fortified walls, looking at the dwellings built inside. The chapel at the Fortified Church in Hărman. Loophole built in to the fortified wall at Hărman. The bell tower of the Fortified Church in Sânpetru. Walking between the fortified wall with dwellings and the church at Sânpetru. Inside and looking back at the entrance to the Fortified Church in Sânpetru. The Fortified Church in Prejmer (the easternmost settlement of the Transylvanian Saxons). Closer view of the Fortified Church in Prejmer, near the entrance.. Looking through the entrance of the Fortified Church in Prejmer. Another view of the Fortified Church in Prejmer, which was built by Teutonic Knights in 1213 AD. Rear view of the Fortified Church in Prejmer. What looks like an old military garrison, located next to the Fortified Church in Prejmer. Bottle of Romanian Rosé. Bran Castle. Trail and woods near the entrance to Bran Castle. The “Big Salon” inside Bran Castle. Looking down at the courtyard in Bran Castle. Music Hall and Library in Bran Castle. Looking at the castle from the “Defense Corridor” inside. Looking up inside the courtyard of Bran Castle. The castle seen from adjacent gardens. Bran Castle seen from the pond in the gardens. The Râșnov Citadel seen from the town of Râșnov. Looking at the inner part of the citadel, seen from within the outer walls. The Bathory Tower (and main entrance) to the citadel. Looking at the Barbican (fortified gateway) for the inner part of the citadel, seen from the highest point, where the Upper Fortress Chapel once stood. Looking at Râșnov and the mountains in the distance from the highest point in the citadel. Another view of Râșnov, seen from the citadel. The Romanian flag, posted on the highest point in the citadel. Trail connecting the town of Râșnov to its citadel. Bottle of Romanian wine, made from Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and Pinot Grigio. Statue on the steps to the National Museum of Romanian History. Helmet dating from the 4th- to 3rd-centuries BC, found at the Peretu burial mound. Getic rhyton from the 4th- to 3rd-centuries BC. Patera from the 4th- to 5th-centuries AD, found in Pietroasele, Buzau County. The crown worn by Queen Mary (Princess Marie of Edinburgh, more commonly known as Marie of Romania) at the coronation from Alba Iulia on October 15, 1922. Replica panel (#73) from Trajan’s Column depicting Emperor Trajan making a libation during the sacrifice of a bull. Group of three Arquebus barrels, made by a Transylvanian workshop in Sighisoara in 1551 AD. The CEC Palace, across the street from the National Museum of Romanian History. Buildings in the old town of Bucharest. Stavropoleos Church, built in 1724 AD and located in the old town of Bucharest. The ceiling in the portico of Stavropoleos Church. Street in the old town of Bucharest. One of the many night clubs in Bucharest that offer erotic massages – it feels like I’m in Thailand again. Traditional Romanian meatballs on a bed of mashed potatoes. Traditional peasant’s beef soup with sour cream and bread. Traditional Romanian red sauce chicken stew. The Arcul de Triumf (triumphal arch) in Bucharest, undergoing restoration. 19th-century AD house from Jurilovca village, now found in the Dimitrie Gusti National Village Museum. The cutest little windmill. Room inside an 18th-century AD house from Straja village. House from Fundu Moldovei village, made in the late-19th-century AD. Room inside a late-19th-century AD house from the village of Piatra Soimului. Church built in 1722 AD, from Dragomiresti village. 19th-century AD house from Dumitra, Alba. 19th-century AD homestead from Stanesti village. Backside of a half-buried house from the early-19th-century AD, from Draghiceni, Olt. This is what’s referred to as a travesty. Statue in front of the National Museum of Art of Romania. Kretzulescu Church, an Eastern Orthodox church from the 18th-century AD. Frescoes on the portico of Kretzulescu Church. New St. George’s Church (another 18th-century AD church). Frescoes on the portico of New St. George’s Church. Inside New St. George’s Church. Inside Caru’ cu bere! – a very fancy, yet affordable restaurant. Painting inside Caru’ cu bere!, which depicts the good old days when drinking and driving was a classy pastime. Very cool advertisement for ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’, found on a sidewalk in Bucharest. Bottle of Romanian semi-sweet red wine. Lady Balasa Church in Bucharest with parishioners outside filling their plastic bottles with Holy Water. The Romanian Orthodox Patriarchal Cathedral, from the backside (built in 1658 AD). Mass being led by Patriarch Daniel of Romania while priests bless the crowds with Holy Water from large plastic vats. Patriarch Daniel of Romania addressing his parishioners. The Palace of Parliament in Bucharest. Conference room inside the Palace of Parliament. Meeting room inside the Palace of Parliament. Hall inside the Palace of Parliament. Marble staircase inside the Palace of Parliament. Looking east at Bulevardul Unirii (“Unification Boulevard”) from one of the rooftop terraces on the Palace of Parliament. Looking north from the Palace of Parliament at Izvor Park. One of the center rooms inside the Palace of Parliament (marked by the central circle). Ballroom inside the Palace of Parliament. Cuza Hall inside the Palace of Parliament. Looking out at Bulevardul Unirii from the Palace of Parliament. Bridge over the pond in Cișmigiu Gardens. Kretzulescu Palace, built in 1902 AD and now the office of the UNESCO European Center for Higher Education in Romania. The Dâmbovița River running through Bucharest. Curtea Veche Church, built in 1559 AD. Kinky entrance to a club in Bucharest. Inside Pasajul Macca-Vilacrosse (a fork-shaped, yellow glass covered arcaded street in central Bucharest).