Just the Pictures (Luxembourg) Looking at the Hospice and fortress walls at Rumm in Luxembourg City. Neumünster Abbey, across the Alzette River. Another view of Neumünster Abbey. The Grund, a picturesque quarter in Luxembourg City. A street in the Old Town. Statue of Grand Duchess Charlotte on Clairefontaine Square, designed by Jean Cardot. Entrance to Notre-Dame Cathedral; it was originally a Jesuit church, and its cornerstone was laid in 1613 AD. Inside Notre-Dame Cathedral. The stained glass windows behind the altar inside Notre-Dame Cathedral. Another view inside the Cathedral. Looking back at the Cathedral from Place Guillaume II. The equestrian statue of Grand Duke William II, located on Place Guillaume II. A street light designed to look like a face. A cabasset helmet from the 16th-century AD. Part of a panorama depicting Luxembourg City when it was under Spanish rule. Tiles bearing Luxembourg’s coat of arms (19th-century AD). The Grand-Ducal throne used in the Chamber of Deputies for swearing in of Grand Duke Adolph in 1890 AD and of Grand Duchess Marie-Adelaide in 1912 AD. ‘Valley of the Petrusee’ by Erich Kubierschky (1905 AD). A Nazi eagle used in Luxembourg during the Nazi occupation in 1941 AD. A calculator made in 2001 AD for converting monetary currencies in to euros. The Grand Ducal Palace, the official residence of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg and where he performs most of his duties as head of state of the Grand Duchy. Closeup of the Monument of Remembrance (“Gëlle Fra” – Luxembourgish for “Golden Lady”), which is dedicated to the thousands of Luxembourgers who volunteered for service in the armed forces of the Allied Powers during World War I. The Cercle Municipal at Place d’Armes. Street corner in the Old Town. Rue du Palais de Justice. Dancing statues roped together in Place du Theater The city gate, or Trois Tours (“Three Towers”). A view of the Alzette River with the casemates in the rock face on the left and Neumünster Abbey on the right. Old buildings in the Grund. A street in the Grund. A street behind Neumünster Abbey.