Just the Pictures (Australia) The ANZAC War Memorial in Hyde Park, Sydney. Another view of the ANZAC War Memorial, which was completed in 1934 AD. St. Mary’s Cathedral, the seat of the Archbishop of Sydney. Closer view of the façade of St. Mary’s Cathedral. Hyde Park Barracks; designed by convict architect Francis Greenway, it was built in 1819 AD to house convict men and boys. Side view of Hyde Park Barracks. The Sydney Mint; originally built in 1816 AD as a hospital wing, it was repurposed in 1854 AD as a Royal Mint. A narrow street through the Sydney Hospital compound. Statue of ‘Boy Extracting Thorn’ in the Sydney Botanic Gardens. The Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge seen from the Botanic Gardens. The Sydney skyline. Another view of the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Looking at Fort Denison from Mrs. Macquarie’s Point. ‘Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair’ – a bench hand carved in to the sandstone by convicts in 1810 AD for Governor Macquarie’s wife Elizabeth. Closer view of the Sydney Opera House (construction started in 1959 and was completed in 1973 AD) – seen from across the harbour. The southern end of the Sydney Opera House, seen from Bennelong Lawn in the Botanic Gardens. The Government House; constructed between 1837 and 1843 AD, this property has been the official residence of the Governor of New South Wales since 1845 AD (with the exceptions of 1901-1914 and 1996-2011 AD). Buildings along George Street, in the historic district of Sydney known as “the Rocks.” Historic building found in the Rocks. George Street, approaching Sydney Harbour Bridge. Underneath Sydney Harbour Bridge. Foundation Park in the Rocks, established amongst the ruins of 19th-century AD terrace houses. St. Patrick’s Church, which has been in the care of the Marist Fathers since 1868 AD. The Queen Victoria Building (or “QVB”), built in 1898 AD as a marketplace. Inside the Queen Victoria Building. Looking up at the stained glass dome inside the QVB, which has been decorated to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Sydney Town Hall; built in the 1880s, it was the premiere concert hall in Sydney until the iconic Opera House was completed.